Good morning, HSM Family – Well, as you can see, we’re not quite up and running as far on the new web site … at least as far as my part is concerned but we are still working on it. Hopefully, you’ll receive this from the web site. We have to set up templates yet and progress is being made. For instance, the church calendar is up to date. To view the site go to heart-song-church.org.
If your birthday or anniversary is not on our list, please let me know at [email protected]. We want to celebrate with you!
ALMS meet on the third Tuesday and fourth Wednesday of each month and go to assisted living homes to take church to those who are disabled in some way and cannot go to church anymore. This group is truly a blessing to these elderly and handicapped individuals. If you would like to be a part of this ministry opportunity, please contact Kem Batty at [email protected].
Music rehearsals are open to all who love to sing and play instruments. We meet regularly on Wednesday evenings at 7:00 p.m. to rehearse music for services and special arrangements to be presented on Sunday.
Ladies Luncheon group meet at the Egg and I (near Chapel Hills Mall) the second Thursday of each month at 11:30 p.m. This get together is open to all. Come and join us and get acquainted with your sisters in Christ. Contact Elinor at [email protected] for more information. Next luncheon is May 12.
Bible Study on Sunday morning from 8:30 a.m. till 9:30 a.m. We are now studying The Life of Christ. Come and enjoy an in-depth study of God’s Word. All are welcome. We meet in Doyle’s office.
SHEPHERDS GARAGE SALE coming up on May 14. You are invited to bring items (pre-marked, please) May 9, 10,11, 12, and 13 to be sold at the Garage Sale. Then come back on Saturday May 14 and get some new stuff. We still need volunteers to help with the sale. Contact Kris Dickinson, Sandy Wickham, Linda Hull, or Sharon Wiss for more information.
May Potluck is set for May 1, 2016. Bring your yummy food and stay after church for good food, great fellowship, and lots of fun.
Rick’s sermon this week is “An Enduring Faith in the Face of Uncertain Economics.” His Scripture reference is James 1:9-10. You won’t want to miss any of Rick’s sermons. He is giving us important lessons for our walk with Christ. Services are at 10:00 a.m. Hope to see you then!
Mom’s Super Food Drive is collecting food for Ronald McDonald House from now till May 1. This charity provides free housing and food for families with children who are hospitalized for extended periods of time. They are always extremely appreciative of the items we take to them. Then on Mother’s Day (May 8) we will be collecting frozen ground meat to be taken to Marion House Soup Kitchen to help them in preparing meals for homeless people here in Colorado Springs. Bring your gifts and place them on the welcome table. Thank you for your compassion for others.
Church Council meetings are held on the first Wednesday of the month at 5:00 p.m. and on the third Wednesday of the month at 5:30 p.m. Your church council takes care of many of the everyday decisions that need to be addressed in operating the God’s business of church. Members are: Sandy Wickham, Elinor Makings, Dennis Bier, Ted Hilbun, Ron Patterson, Larry Wiss, Roger Clarke. Staff members are: Rick Maestas, Doyle Combs, and Nina Romitti.
It is the desire of HSM to lift up all joys and concerns to our Lord. However, sometimes this sort of thing falls through the cracks. Therefore, we need your help in preventing these omissions. Please contact Nina at [email protected] or call (mornings) at 598-7612 to let us know of those in need. Thanks for your help.
- Update on Sheri H.: Her surgery went well. The last account I had is she was doing extremely well and expected to be home the next day. Prayers, please, for continued healing and recuperation.
- Carol N. is safe in Toledo and getting set up in her “new” apartment. If you want to write her or call her, please let me know and I’ll give you that info. We miss you Carol but we know you’re going to enjoy living there.
- Prayers please for Therese P.s daughter who has had some severe medical issues this past week.
- Continued prayers for Kris D. who is also experiencing health issues.
- Prayers for an anonymous unspoken matter.
- Continue prayers for the Mercado family; Verne S.; Yvonne W; Margaret E; Jack B; Roger W.; Cory and Jerry V.’s daughter; and others who were on our former list for continued prayers.
- Prayers always for our nation and our leaders, especially in this election years. Prayers that we will elect God’s choice to the offices that are needing to be filled. Prayers that all who are involved in governing this wonderful Nation will seek God’s will and make decisions that will benefit the people.
- Prayers always for our troops, first responders, and emergency personnel who work and serve so diligently to keep us safe and out of harm’s way.
- Prayers for your church and your church leaders. May we always seek God’s blessing and His plan for this ministry.
- Prayers for our visitors. God is blessing us with these visitors. We need to make them feel welcome, loved, and at home so they will want to become part of this wonderful HSM church family.